Rippling is a new HRIS system that can serve as the primary Core HR system for growing businesses. Rippling's functionality covers onboarding, payroll, HRIS, benefits admin and timekeeping, while they have embedded 3rd party partners to offer ATS and LMS capabilities too. Rippling is primarily an Small-to-Medium-sized Business (SMB) solution where they have become one of the more buzz-worthy solutions in the under 250 employee market. The primary strength for Rippling is their integration capabilities which helps to unify disparate HR systems and the app management needs of IT, resulting in a novel approach to employee onboarding and offboarding.
Rippling an SMB HRIS, which means the system works best for companies with less than 300 employees. SMB solutions are designed to cover some, but not all HR needs with some gaps to be filled in by 3rd party solutions. SMB solutions are typically more user-friendly and more modernly designed than other vendors. Additionally, they are typically built with integrations in mind and have open APIs. SMB solutions typically take about 6-12 weeks to implement and often do not require a great deal of work from an administrator to get started, due to the fact that most of the system is not configurable. SMB solutions tend to have limited rules engines and custom workflow tools, which can limit how scalable they can be.
Rippling charges companies on a monthly subscription basis. Rippling is right in line with most of their peers, offering their solution for $22-30 PEPM, depending on the scope and modules included
In addition to the software fees, implementing Rippling will require a one-time implementation fee. Rippling will charge ~ 5-15% of the annual software fees for their implementation fees (i.e., $5-15K implementation fee on a $100K annual purchase)
- Rippling gets the highest reviews in the HRIS space for their modern user experience which can help to drive employee self-service
- Rippling’s most differentiated offering is their onboarding modules which syncs all of IT and HR tasks seamlessly into one streamlined process and unifies active directory management. This is especially beneficial for white collar workforces that rely on numerous workflow and productivity apps
- Rippling is one of the best in the business at integrating with 3rd party HR tools too. They have a pre-built integration with hundreds of HR applications including Greenhouse, Lever, Lattice, 15Five and more.
- Rippling's payroll processing includes tax filing services
- Rippling is not a full suite HRIS system. They do not have performance or engagement modules and their ATS and LMS are provided by 3rd parties
- Rippling recently rolled out a time & attendance solution, but it is not yet suited for companies with highly complex time needs
- Rippling is still a relatively new company and isn't suited for larger companies (above 300 employees) due to the lack of configurability of workflows and the limitations on their time tools
- Rippling’s customer support model is all ticketing based and doesn’t have a call center
Rippling has the most robust partner marketplace in the industry with hundreds of pre-built connections built to leading 3rd party tools Additionally, Rippling has open APIs that can make it easy to build custom integrations. One thing to note is that custom integrations with Rippling are not typically built by their own team
Rippling is not designed to be a true global system of record at this point. International employees can get access to some, but not all of the system, and Rippling does not have global offices to support those employees. Additionally, Rippling's payroll is only designed for US companies, although they can integrate with some global payroll partners.
- Benefits Admin
- HR / Employee Files
- Time & Attendance
- Recruiting (via 3rd party)
- Learning (via 3rd party)