SAP SuccessFactors is a full suite HRIS system that focuses heavily on Talent Management and Employee Experience. SuccessFactors is primarily an enterprise solution and works best for companies with large, complex, global workforces. They provide unique strengths around recruiting, performance, succession planning and employee engagement. They often integrate with 3rd party tools such as ADP and UKG for their Core HR (payroll, time & benefits).
SuccessFactors is considered an Enterprise HRIS, which means the system works best for companies with more than 1,000 employees. Enterprise solutions are designed to be all-in-one HRIS's for companies with high degrees of complexity in their operations. Companies that operate in many states and countries, and companies with numerous entities and sub-divisions find a lot of value in working with Enterprise HRIS vendors. Enterprise solutions typically take about 6-10 months to implement and often require external consultants to successfully implement and manage the solutions. Enterprise solutions have powerful rules engines and unmatched custom workflow tools, that enable them to meet any company's requirements.
SuccessFactors charges companies on an annual subscription basis. SuccessFactors is often a premium priced solution, but isn't as expensive as some of their enterprise peers. SuccessFactors' subscription fees can cost between $25 and 38 PEPM.
In addition to the software fees, implementing SuccessFactors will require a one-time implementation fee. SuccessFactors (or one of their partners) will charge ~ 100-150% of the annual software fees for their implementation fees (i.e., $300-450K implementation fee on a $300K annual purchase)
- SuccessFactors has been a market leader in the Talent Management space for the last decade and offers some of the most advanced functionality around performance management, compensation and learning & development.
- SuccessFactors is the most globally-capable HRIS in the market offering compliance and best practices for over 100 countries
- The performance module within SuccessFactors offers advanced functionality to facilitate more dynamic and continuous review conversations
- SuccessFactors recently rolled out CRM functionality to enhance their ATS offering
- Given how enterprise-capable and innovative SuccessFactors can be, their platform is often much more price competitive than Workday’s
- SuccessFactors usually does not offer Core HR (payroll, benefits, time) to companies under 2,000 employees, which can lead to a multi-vendor approach
- SuccessFactors has grown by acquiring upstart HR software companies and integrating them into their platform. This architecture can lead to more advanced functionality but also makes it harder to create holistic reports and analytics
- SuccessFactors relies on a 3rd party network to sell, implement and maintain the system, which can lead to additional consulting costs
SuccessFactors is a cloud-native solution that is capable of building integrations with a variety of different point solutions. SuccessFactors' approach to the market has always been to encourage companies to take a best-in-class approach which means they have prioritized open APIs and integration best practices for years
SuccessFactors is a system that has developed via acquisition. Due to the number of 3rd party tools that have been acquired to build the system, SuccessFactors does not the most integrated underlying database and this can lead to challenges with data not auto-populating and reporting requiring manual manipulation
- Benefits Admin
- HR / Employee Files
- Time & Attendance