What is SAP SuccessFactors? SAP SuccessFactors is a full-suite HRIS system focusing on Talent Management and Employee Experience. SuccessFactors is primarily an enterprise solution and works best for companies with large, complex, global workforces. They provide unique recruiting, performance, succession and improve strategic workforce planning, and employee engagement strengths. They often integrate with 3rd party tools such as ADP and UKG for their Core HR (payroll, time & benefits).
Looking for hard-to-find HRIS pricing data? Get precise estimates with our app.
SuccessFactors HR system is considered an Enterprise HRIS, which works best for companies with over 1,000 employees. Enterprise solutions are designed to be all-in-one HRIS's for companies with high complexity in their operations. Companies operating in many states and countries and companies with numerous entities and sub-divisions find great value in working with Enterprise HRIS vendors. Enterprise solutions typically take about 6-10 months to implement and often require external consultants to implement and manage the solutions successfully. Enterprise solutions have powerful rules engines and unmatched custom workflow tools that enable them to meet any company's requirements.
Dive deep into the HRIS landscape with our comprehensive report. Download now!
SuccessFactors charges companies on an annual subscription basis. SuccessFactors is often a premium-priced solution but the total cost isn't as expensive as some of their enterprise peers. SuccessFactors' subscription fees can cost between $25 and 38 PEPM.
In addition to the software fees, customers implementing SuccessFactors will require a one-time implementation fee. SuccessFactors (or one of their partners) will charge ~ 100-150% of the annual software fees for their implementation fees (i.e., $300-450K implementation fee on a $300K annual purchase)
Accelerate your HRIS selection process with professional advice. Contact us now!
- SuccessFactors has been a market leader in the Talent Management space for the last decade and offers some of the most advanced functionality around performance management, compensation and learning & development.
- SuccessFactors is the most globally-capable HRIS in the market offering compliance and best practices for over 100 countries
- The performance module within SuccessFactors offers advanced functionality to facilitate more dynamic and continuous review conversations
- SuccessFactors ATS recently rolled out CRM functionality to enhance the entire recruitment process and ensure that qualified candidates are kept aware of new opportunities
- SAP SuccessFactors recruiting provides robust candidate management functionality and performance management functionality
- Given how enterprise-capable and innovative SuccessFactors can be, their platform is often much more price competitive than Workday's
- SuccessFactors usually does not offer Core HR (payroll, benefits, time) to companies under 2,000 employees, which can lead to a multi-vendor approach
- SuccessFactors has grown by acquiring upstart HR software companies and integrating them into their platform. This architecture can lead to more advanced functionality but also makes it harder to create holistic reports and hr analytics
- SuccessFactors relies on a 3rd party network to sell, implement and maintain the system, which can lead to additional consulting costs
Unsure about your software needs? Our requirements builder is here to help!
SuccessFactors is a cloud-native solution that is capable of building integrations with a variety of different point solutions. SuccessFactors' approach to the market has always been to encourage companies to take a best-in-class approach which means they have prioritized open APIs and integration best practices for years
SuccessFactors is a system that has developed via acquisition. Due to the number of 3rd party tools that have been acquired to build the system, SuccessFactors does not the most integrated underlying database and this can lead to challenges with data not auto-populating and reporting requiring manual manipulation
- Cloud Payroll
- Benefits Admin
- HR / Employee Files
- Time Tracking & Attendance