Paylocity is a full suite HRIS system that can serve as a one-stop-shop for companies, covering everything from payroll, benefits and HR to recruiting, onboarding, performance and learning. The system is designed for mid-market companies and gets above average reviews for ease of use. Paylocity is strong in integrations and can support companies with global workforces too.
Paylocity is considered a Mid-Market HRIS, which means the system works best for companies with between 50 and 350 employees. Mid-Market solutions are designed to be an all-in-one HRIS for companies with fairly standard HR requirements. Mid-Market solutions typically take about 3 months to implement and do not require external consultants to successfully implement and manage the solutions. Mid-Market solutions can be limited in how scalable they are, due to a lack of custom workflow tools and limited rules engines.
Paylocity charges employees on a per employee per month (PEPM) basis. A Paylocity subscription can cost anywhere from $12-20 PEPM, depending on the size of your company and the modules included in your scope.
In addition to the software fees, Paylocity will typically charge a one-time implementation fee. Paylocity's implementation fees are typically about 10-20% of the annual software fees (i.e., $10-20K implementation fee on a $100K annual purchase)
- Paylocity is a cost-effective solution for mid-sized companies that want an all-in-one HRIS system
- Paylocity has deep relationships in the broker and insurance carrier communities, allowing for better carrier connectivity
- Paylocity can serve as a global system of record and recently acquired a global payroll company too
- Paylocity has open APIs and pre-built integrations with a variety of vendors
- Paylocity implementations can be challenging due to "too many cooks in the kitchen" and a lack of holistic project management
- Paylocity's time & attendance and benefits admin tools are somewhat limited and Paylocity will often use 3rd parties when they cannot meet the client's needs
- Scalability is a concern with Paylocity as custom workflows and multi-EIN scenarios can break the system's rules and create manual re-entry for admins
Paylocity is above average in terms of integration capabilities compared to their peers. Paylocity has open APIs, which allows companies to build custom integrations. Paylocity also maintains a robust marketplace of integration partners which can be turned on at no cost to companies.
Paylocity can serve as a global HRIS system, meaning employees all across the world can login to the system, store employee files and participate in performance reviews, onboarding and engagement surveys. Paylocity also acquired a global payroll provider in 2021 and can use that technology to streamline global payroll efforts. Paylocity and the global payroll solution exist in separate platforms.
- Benefits Admin
- HR / Employee Files
- Time & Attendance