Namely was built with the employee experience in mind and designed their HRIS from the ground up to be mobile-first, employee-centric and on-par with other consumer apps that younger workforces use outside of work. Their solution covers a large portion of Core HR functionality and, where they can't offer certain functionality, they have integrations with leading 3rd parties.
Namely is considered an SMB HRIS, which means the system works best for companies with between 50 and 350 employees. SMB solutions are designed to cover some, but not all HR needs with some gaps to be filled in by 3rd party solutions. SMB solutions are typically more user-friendly and more modernly designed than other vendors. Additionally, they are typically built with integrations in mind and have open APIs. A solution like Namely usually takes 6-8 weeks to implement and requires a bit of configuration work from the administrator. SMB solutions tend to have limited rules engines and custom workflow tools, which can limit how scalable they can be.
Namely charges companies on a quarterly or annual subscription basis. Depending on the modules included and the size of your company, Namely's software fees can cost between $16 and 24 PEPM.
Additionally, Namely does charge a nominal implementation fee to clients to get started. This fee is typically ~10-25% of the annual software fees.
- Namely is a young tech-forward company that offers a very clean and inviting user interface
- The platform gets strong reviews for employee self-service, especially in benefits enrollment and time off
- Namely has very strong integration capabilities with Lever, Papaya Global and other 3rd party point solutions
- Namely offers a customizable performance review module that can facilitate more dynamic, ongoing performance conversations rather than the traditional annual reviews
- Namely has some functional gaps that preclude it from being an all-in-one solution including a lack of pulse surveys and no ATS offering either.
- Namely's payroll tool is better served for less complex organizations and can struggle if complex time & attendance or multi-FEIN scenarios are required
- Namely uses a pod-based support model for their clients which has lead to slow response times for customers in the past
Namely has always prioritized integrations with 3rd party systems, giving their clients the choice between all-in-one and best-in-class. Namely has marketplace integrations with many leading HR point solutions. However, custom integrations are not always the easiest to build with Namely, due to their lack of professional services resources
Namely can serve as a global system-of-record allowing international employees to onboard, complete performance reviews and manage leave in the system. Namely works with a large number of global companies and has partnerships with global payroll solutions. Namely does not have global offices, however.
- HRIS /Employee Files
- Time & Attendance