GoCo provides sleek, easy-to-use HR tools with some surprisingly robust capabilities under-the-hood. GoCo's strengths are around onboarding, benefits admin and leave management, but they have also developed unique expertise to facilitate payroll integrations and have rolled out a workflow builder tool that allows HR teams to build automated processes from scratch.
Learn More: Use our HRIS Matching App to see the best vendors based on your company's project goals
GoCo is considered an SMB HRIS, which means the system works best for companies with less than 250 employees. SMB solutions are designed to cover some, but not all HR needs with some gaps to be filled in by 3rd party solutions. SMB solutions are typically more user-friendly and more modernly designed than other vendors. Additionally, they are typically built with integrations in mind and have open APIs. SMB solutions typically take about 4-8 weeks to implement and often do not require a great deal of work from an administrator to get started, due to the fact that most of the system is not configurable. SMB solutions tend to have limited rules engines and custom workflow tools, which can limit how scalable they can be.
Blog: How Long Does it Take To Buy and Implement an HRIS
GoCo charges companies on a quarterly or annual subscription basis. Depending on the modules included and the size of your company, GoCo software fees can cost between $6 and 12 PEPM.
In addition to the software fees, implementing GoCo will require a one-time implementation fee. GoCo will charge ~5-10% of the annual software fees for their implementation fees (i.e., $5-10K implementation fee on a $100K annual purchase)
Blog: How to Negotiate an HRIS Agreement
- GoCo has one of the most robust benefits admin tools on the market and many brokers have started offering it to their clients
- GoCo’s user experience is very modern and intuitive
- GoCo takes a unique approach to integrations. Like all platforms they can offer API-based integrations with 3rd parties, but GoCo takes a step further by providing an in-house employee who manages the integration, checks for errors and manually re-enters data on behalf of employers
- GoCo’s platform has robust onboarding capabilities and can also be used for HRIS and PTO requests.
- Every customer on GoCo gets a dedicated support representative and the reviews for GoCo’s support are very strong across the board
Free Tool: HRIS Requirements Builder
- GoCo does not have as much breadth in their offering as some of their peers. They cannot provide performance or recruiting functionality at this time
- GoCo recently rolled out a payroll offering that is essentially a 3rd party payroll tool embedded into their solution
- As a newer company, there have been some occasional bugs and complaints about slow load times and the way org charts are formatted
- GoCo requires customers to buy their HRIS modules and cannot sell the benefits admin module standalone. This increases the total cost of ownership for clients
Shopping for an HRIS? Work with an HRIS advisor to streamline your shortlisting, evaluations and selection - for free!
GoCo was built with open API capabilities and has strong integration knowledge, but they've taken integrations a step further by providing dashboards to monitor data transfers and employees to oversee integration failures. They have fewer marketplace integrations than some of their peers, however.
Blog: The Best Payroll Systems to Integrate with NetSuite
GoCo can serve as a global system-of-record for international employees and they have a partnership with a global payroll partner. GoCo does not have global offices and some of their benefits and compliance functionality isn't supported globally
Blog: Workday Reviews - Pricing, Pros/Cons, User Reviews
- HRIS /Employee Files
- Benefits Admin
- Time & Attendance